I have appeared on a number of television and radio programs to discuss my research on Venezuela, Latin American politics, US foreign policy, social movements, political economy, and other issues. I have also been interviewed for print publications.
If you have a media inquiry please email me: ghetland AT albany DOT edu
Recent Media Appearances
2017. “Scholar’s Mate” TV program on Venezuela, PublicSquare.net. Taped on January 20 for March 2017 broadcast.
- “World in Focus.” Radio Sputnik UK. January 23. (Featured in segment [starting at 22:00] on Venezuela in daily radio program.)
- “The Stream.” Al Jazeera English. August 25. (Featured guest, weekly TV program.)
- “Political Unrest in Venezuela.” ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation). September (Featured guest on daily TV news broadcast.)
- “Venezuela’s Descent.” Global Journalist. September 15. (Featured guest on weekly radio program broadcast on NPR affiliate KBIA and other public radio stations; appeared alongside former US ambassador to Venezuela, Patrick Duddy)
- “Venezuela: Fact vs. Fiction.” Latino Media Collective. October 7. (Featured guest on weekly radio program, broadcast on Pacifica affiliate radio.)
- “Media Exaggerations of Apocalyptic Venezuela Plays into Regime Change Narrative.” The Real News. July 1. (Featured guest, TV program.)
- “World in Focus.” Radio Sputnik UK. October 14. (Featured in segment on Venezuela in daily radio program.)
- Interviewed/quoted in Tokyo Shimbun article [Japanese] on Venezuela. September Featured guest on “The Grass is Greener” weekly radio show on Riverwest Radio. July.
- “Is Venezuela on the brink of another coup?” Rabble.ca. May 20. (Interviewed/quoted in print article.)
- “Venezuela Opposition Secures ‘Supermajority’ in National Assembly.” The Real News. December 9. (Featured guest, TV program.)
- “Hugo Chavez’s Socialist Party Loses Election and Control of Legislature Amid Venezuelan Economic Crisis.” Between the Lines Radio program, WPKN, Bridgeport, CT. December 14. (Featured guest, radio program; excerpt on weekly syndicated summary show, 12/25/15).
- “Does election loss mean the end of Venezuela’s Bolivarian Revolution.” Ricochet. December (Interviewed/quoted for article by Cory Collins.)
2014. “Ferguson Protest Shuts Down Oakland BART Station.” KQED News. November 28. (Interviewed/quoted for article.)
- “Students, professor react to Venezuelan turmoil.” The Daily Californian. March 17. (Interviewed/quoted for article.)